Monuments and Fine Arts Department (SOVRINTENDENZA) it was decided to leave the shade as it was and to preserve the original marble surfaces, making a conservative restoration.
This method of reinforcing the parts which are coming away and filling the cavities behind can be likened to that used in the restoration of frescos.
It is therefore possible to say that Valmarana Braga's Palace is one of a very few examples of a building of that time which retains its original cover of plaster and marble material. The stone parts are still untouched and have seen no intervention.
The statues which hold the family emblems in the two corners of the facade were restored very expertly by the sculptor Giordani in 1962/63 together with two high reliefs which were damaged by vandals.
Immediately after the second world war an intervention was carried out by the Sovrintendenza directed by Architect Forlati to rebuild part of the attic, part of the facade toward the courtyard and the roof all of which were destroyed during a bomb attack in 1944.
In 1962, with the approval of the Sovrintendenza (Architect Guiotto), the facade on the south of the courtyard was reinstated. With this work two sides of the courtyard were completed.
Since then (more than 40 years) the Palace owner has been waiting for the permission to complete the renovation on the other two sides.
It was not until the restoration in 1961/1962, that the cellars were cleared of the soil which had filled them since the excavation of the foundations.
Here he original line of mortar between the blocks holding up the vaults are still visible.